We at CareZapp Limited (“CareZapp”, “we”, “us”, “our”) know that our users (“you”, “your”) care about how your personal information is used and shared, and we take your privacy seriously.
CareZapp is intended to facilitate communication and the sharing of care notifications and alerts and other information by and among: family members, friends, community based supports and care professionals of a person requiring care, the Care Recipient – the Service
Such family members, friends, community based supports and care professionals who have registered with the CareZapp service are referred to herein as “Network Members”. Network Members can create various Care Groups (such as; Family, Friends, Neighbours, Home Care Provider) centred around an individual Care Recipient.
Care Groups that are centred around the same Care Recipient can connect together to form a Network of Care, for and on behalf of that Care Recipient. Information that is shared with a Care Group is private and secure to the Network Members of that Care Group.
In addition, certain Network Members may be authorised to access, update and share certain personal data, health-related data and other sensitive information related to and/or on behalf of a Care Recipient within and between Care Groups; such Network Members are referred to herein as “Authorised People”, such as the Primary Caregiver and Care Group Coordinator.
- User Provided Information: Personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) provided or uploaded by you when you are accessing or using our Website, App or Services. Personally Identifiable Information: any information which relates to and identifies a person, including but not limited to name and address, email address, age, gender, date of birth, time zone, mobile phone numbers, sensor device information and billing information.
- Care Recipient Data: Personal Information about a Care Recipient or Care Recipients under your care provided or uploaded by you when you are accessing or using our Website, App or Services.
- Information Collected Automatically: Raw sensor and health data, and usage information provided or uploaded automatically using our Website, App or Services or provided through our third party service providers.
- Email and other forms of direct communication.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that we do not own or control, or to individuals that we do not employ or manage.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES CAREZAPP COLLECT?
A. User Provided Information:
Your Personal Information: We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us. For example, we collect Personal Information such as your name, email address, and browser information. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to register with us or to take advantage of some of our features. We may anonymise your Personal Information so that you cannot be individually identified, and provide that information to our partners.
If you choose to invite another person into a Care Group or use our referral service to tell a friend about our website, app or service, we will ask you for an email address for that person. We will automatically send a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the website. CareZapp stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email, and tracking the success of our invite and referral programmes. This person may contact us at email@example.com to request that we remove this information from our database.
- Care Recipient Data:
Care Recipient Data is the combination of Personal Information and information related to health conditions, wellness and safety information. The Service is not intended for the transmission of any Care Recipient Data other than that of a Care Recipient around whom your Care Group and Network of Care is organised.
Please do not disclose any Care Recipient Data that does not relate to the Care Recipient around whom your Care Group or Network of Care is organized. IF YOU DO SUBMIT OR UPDATE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION OR CARE RECIPIENT DATA RELATING TO SUCH CARE RECIPIENT OR ANYONE OTHER THAN YOURSELF TO OR THROUGH THE SERVICE, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE PROVIDED ANY NECESSARY NOTICES TO THAT INDIVIDUAL AND OBTAINED ANY NECESSARY CONSENTS.
Please note that Care Recipient Data about you may be collected through the Service either directly from you, or from third-party sources (including, Authorised People). IF YOU ARE A CARE RECIPIENT, YOU ARE HEREBY AUTHORISING YOUR AUTHORISED PEOPLE TO SUBMIT AND UPDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION AND PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION ON YOUR BEHALF.
C. Information Collected Automatically:
Whenever you interact with our Website, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, “cookie” information, and the page you requested. “Cookies” are identifiers we transfer to your computer or mobile device that allow us to recognize your browser or mobile device and tell us how and when you visit pages in our Website.
When you visit the Website, whether as a CareZapp registered user or a non-registered user just browsing, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). For example, Log Data may include information such as your computer’s IP address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Website, pages of our Website that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Website, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Website and the Services and for the Website’s technical administration, to increase our Website’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor it to our visitors’ needs.
Where a User has chosen to link to a care and support organisation that utilises our Care Applications (Care-App), these Care-Apps generate, collect and maintain several types of information about a Care Recipient, including but not limited to any combination of the following:
- Data that is received from care and support organisations in your care network, third party applications, sensors and devices that may be placed within a home or used by a Care Recipient. This data is recorded by the system, and we maintain records of this data.
- Events are inferred from this data, and we maintain records of these events.
- Notifications and alerts are triggered by specific user-defined criteria and system-learned criteria, and we maintain records of these criteria, notifications and alerts.
- Triggered notifications and alerts may be sent; as a push notification to users of our free CareZapp App, Email and/or SMS message to the members of a selected care group.
- Notifications, alerts and follow-up comments are all stored on our Service and we maintain records of these notification and alerts.
If you do not want to receive notifications and/or alerts from us, please indicate your preference by adjusting the settings on the Care-App Preferences.
C. E-mail and Other Communications:
We may contact you, by email or other means; for example, we may communicate with you about your use of the Website or Services. If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our email communications, newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in those emails, or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT IS THE MINIMUM AGE FOR THE USE OF CAREZAPP SERVICES?
You must be over the age of thirteen (13) to create an account and use our products and services.
We must point out that, if you are a minor, your parents or legal guardians (hereafter your “Parents”) must give us their consent by contacting our customer service department. Our team will answer any questions that you or your Parents may have concerning the use of our products and services and the rules relating to the collection of personal data.
If we collect data from people under thirteen (13) or a minor who has used our products and services without the consent of their Parents we will delete those data permanently from our servers as soon as we are informed of this.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers that are protected in secure facilities including firewall protection and located in those countries that form part of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or are considered to provide adequate protection for personal information under the European Union Data Protection Directive (95/46/EC).
WILL CAREZAPP SHARE ANY OF THE INFORMATION IT RECEIVES?
We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information or that of a Care recipient in personally identifiable form to anyone. We share such Personal Information in personally identifiable form with third parties as described below.
- Trusted Third Parties:We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide the Services to you. Unless we tell you differently, such third parties do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. This includes third party companies and individuals employed by us to facilitate our Services, including the provision of maintenance services, database management, Web analytics and general improvement of the Services.
- Business Transfers:We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Also, if we (or substantially all of our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Personal Information would be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- Protection of CareZapp and Others:We reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information that we reasonably believe is necessary to comply with law or a court order; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of CareZapp, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With Your Consent:Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
IS THE INFORMATION SECURE?
Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You must prevent unauthorised access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
We endeavour to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Information we hold in our records, but we cannot guarantee complete security. The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
When you enter your information on our site we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION CAN I ACCESS?
Through your profile settings (or the profile settings of the Care Recipient, for Authorised People), you may access, and, in some cases, edit or delete the following information you’ve provided to us:
- name and password
- email address
- profile photo
- contact numbers
- home address
- Time zone
- credit card information
The information you can view, update, and delete may change as the Website changes. If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please contact us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days.
We post customer testimonials/comments/reviews on our website, which may contain personally identifiable information. We do obtain customer’s consent via email prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial. To request removal of your personal information from Testimonials or comments please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
You can always opt not to disclose information to use, but keep in mind some information may be needed to register with us or to take advantage of some of our special features. You may be able to add, update, or delete information as explained above.
When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. You may request deletion of your account by contacting us at email@example.com.
Please note that some information may remain in our private records after your deletion of such information from your account. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your Personal Information after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
Our Website offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
IX. QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please send us a detailed message to email@example.com. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
CareZapp Limited registered in the Republic of Ireland under company number 546656. Our registered office address is: Century House, Harold’s Cross Road, Dublin 6W, Ireland.
Effective Date: March 17, 2015